It's been quite a lull. Haven't posted for a long time. I was away in college. Been busy. I know that's not a valid excuse. Valid? Excuse? I doubt. I did try a few times. The thought of writing did cross my mind. In fact, quite a few times I did attempt till that evil feeling called laziness crept in. Which sort of explains why I have so many half-written unpublished notes.
While in college, I missed home. Family. Food. My bed. All of it. A week before my prep leave actually started, I was on my flight home. A fortnight before that, I was counting days. Striking off dates on the calendar. Every night, I felt better. Another day gone. For another friend, her day used to end in the afternoon. Reason? She was going to leave for her home-town a day after I left. She convinced herself hard we had equal number of days to go home. Defies logic? True it does! Senseless it may seem but that is exactly what home does to you. Even to supposedly BIG twenty-one year olds!
I left home for college two and a half years ago. I had no problems settling down. Thanks to those wonderful people I met there. I love the place. I love that feeling of being independent. Taking my own decisions. I love my life there. Yet I doubt if I'd ever grow out of that one best place in the world. That which my heart yearns for every now and then. Home.
I'm so glad to be back. :)
While in college, I missed home. Family. Food. My bed. All of it. A week before my prep leave actually started, I was on my flight home. A fortnight before that, I was counting days. Striking off dates on the calendar. Every night, I felt better. Another day gone. For another friend, her day used to end in the afternoon. Reason? She was going to leave for her home-town a day after I left. She convinced herself hard we had equal number of days to go home. Defies logic? True it does! Senseless it may seem but that is exactly what home does to you. Even to supposedly BIG twenty-one year olds!
I left home for college two and a half years ago. I had no problems settling down. Thanks to those wonderful people I met there. I love the place. I love that feeling of being independent. Taking my own decisions. I love my life there. Yet I doubt if I'd ever grow out of that one best place in the world. That which my heart yearns for every now and then. Home.
I'm so glad to be back. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment