Sunday, June 13, 2010

I am what you made me yesterday

"Time goes by so fast, people go in and out of your life. You must never miss the opportunity to tell these people how much they mean to you." - Author Unknown

I came across this quote and boy! I don't know if I was looking for it or not. I just felt that it was meant for me. In this busy rush of life, there have been times when I so wanted to tell a person something but for whatever reason, did not manage to. Or rather did not choose to. So I am going to start a new label 'Memories' where I will try to pen down those treasured moments. Whatever may be the situation today, whether we talk everyday, often, sometimes, rarely or never, YOU did play an important role someday, at some point of time. And I want to Thank YOU for being a part of my memories.

#1-

There are many memories that you hold close to your heart. Of the times gone by, of the moments spent with a loved one, of fun and frolic, of the laughter shared. There are times when recalling your past becomes a pleasure, thanks to these memories!

On a hot gloomy Sunday, having nothing to do, bored and frustrated, I tried to keep myself busy. I surfed through TV channels, read a book, talked on the phone. Nothing was soothing enough. I sat alone. I wondered. I decided to walk down memory lane. I went through slam books, white school-shirts filled with coloured ink, tiny scribbled messages, a few caricatures, photographs, ... and it felt like I had just opened the floodgates of memory. It trigerred in me a rush of nostalgia. And it took me back 16 years ago when I had first joined my paradise on earth. My school. My home. For the next 10 and a half years. HOLY CHILD.

That place has given me memories like no other. But even today, the first thing that flashes through my mind when I think of it. My first memory. Of five 5-year old school girls, water-bottles around the neck, bags on the back, in the grey and white uniform, walking towards the school gate. Everyday. Together. That was our strenghth. Colonel Koka gave us this name and we proudly called ourselves the NARTH group as we marched on.

To all those who are wondering where that name came from, I will break it up for you-
N- Nandini
A- Aditi
R- Raya
T- Tanaya
H- Hansika

We were all different from each other. We had different interests. Different likes. Different dislikes. Maybe what bound us together was the Carpool. There are many incidents I vaguely remember but if I start jotting them down today, maybe it will take forever. Maybe I will keep it for another time. All that I can say is. They still do manage to bring a smile across my face. They were definitely one of my best memories.

Today, we have all grown up. We are in different cities. We all have our new set of friends. But for me, YOU all will remain my first friends. YOU taught me the meaning of a friend. In the innocence of my childhood. My childhood friends.

PS. Thank you Papa, Suresh Uncle, Colonel Koka, Naba Uncle and Satyajeet Uncle.

No comments:

Post a Comment