Thursday, December 30, 2010

Everytime I try

[There are days when you feel like writing. Something. Just about anything. But you still fall short of words. Thank you 3ww for those lovely prompts as always:) ]


Every time I try to tell myself,
Make a vain attempt at convincing myself
That I need to move on
And you're so long gone.
When I want to be rude to you,
To make sure you get your due
For having been so mean
And making me feel so lean;
You come up with another reason so filthy
Yet it makes me feel that you're guilty;
And I remember all the good that you have done,
Such that I evade another line of pun.
My heart melts,
I remove my tight buckled belts
And come back to you
To be your friend, to guide you
'Cause I feel
The wounds you have given, I can still heal
But the sacrifices you made
From my heart can never fade...
As cold as a wedge, I wonder how long this will continue
And if the good old you will ever renew!

Written for Three Word Wednesday; 3ww: buckle, evade, wedge and #112 Monday Poetry Train Revisited

6 comments:

  1. I can so relate to this.. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good One!!!
    Keep It up!!!

    ~Happy New Year~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh, I wonder too :) Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year
    I enjoy reading your posts ,its like each word is felt within ,very amazing feeling



    http://soulwanderingsoul.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you'll liked it. I promise more for 2011:)

    ReplyDelete