Yesterday, I sat with my friends for a good hour and a half after class. Outside the bank in the college campus. Our usual thinking spot. The mission. Each to make their respective bucket list. That was simple. At least it sounded so. It would be fun I thought. I would make a list of wild to-do’s and together, we would laugh over it. That was the idea. We would check out who has crazier ideas. In recent times, I’ve hardly looked back. Looked within. So this was going to be a great opportunity.
I had not even started when I faced a block. A kind of writers block. I was stuck at to-do no.1. I was stressed. I did not know what I wanted. What was that craving for? How would my life be more exciting? I had no answer. I kept telling myself I was happy. I was satisfied. In my mind, my inner voice echoed- Career wise, I knew what I wanted. My personal life was smooth too. I did not want anything more. I refused to jot down a list just for the heck of it. I wanted to achieve it too.
After a great ordeal and a lot of fighting within, I came up with 10 to-do’s on my list. Each set with a deadline. The most realistic bucket list ever. If that’s even called a bucket list(!) But then something happened. What happened was not planned. Something I would have never imagined on my list of things to do. It was sudden. It was sort of exciting. Though freaky at that point of time! I realised. Things turn out better when not planned. Not thought of. If I had that on my bucket list, it would be an achievement(?). A tick. But that would be it.
To add more meaning, an element of surprise is essential. That thus, got me thinking!
No comments:
Post a Comment