A blog speaks a lot about you. It is like a part of your self. It reflects you. Who you are. The kind of person. Your strengths and your weaknesses. I have never been good at reading a person. It has always proved to be be an upheaval task. Yet in this virtual world, I read so many blogs. Of known and unknown people. And I either get to know them a little more or a little less (?), with every post I read. Their imagination. Their fantasy. Their turmoils. Their "other" world.
Just like they surprise me with their posts, I surprise myself too. Going through my 98 posts so far, at points of time I fail to recognize myself. Those words do not seem to be my words. But sometime somewhere they must have occurred to me to find their way here. At times like these, I look at myself in the mirror and these words pour out- "I thought I knew you till I read your blog!"
It's amazing the sorts of things that get drudged up when we write. I recently heard of an exercise where you cover up your screen, then type for thirty whole minutes without looking. And, to be honest, I haven't done it yet-- because I'm afraid of what will come up!
ReplyDeleteWriting brings out the true you. The self you are always trying to cover!
ReplyDelete